To become a premier Learning Resource Centre with a state-of-the-art library resources and services in the Information and Communication Technology and related areas.
The mission of the Campus Library is to provide access to high quality information resources in all forms to the faculty, students and staff in support of teaching, learning, scholarship and research mission of the Campus. With a commitment to excellence in services, the Library offers information resources and innovative services to support the intellectual inquiry, research and lifelong learning needs of the community
- Library remains open from 8 am to 8 pm on all working days.
- Every person who enters the library will sign the Visitor Register.
- Readers are not allowed to borrow books on the card of another reader.
- Deposit your personal belongings at the property counter .
- Use of library is strictly reserved for readers possessing a library Identity card.
- Non Members are permitted on saturdays with permission and letter from their HODs and reference hours from 9am to 4pm.
- Circulation Section will start after half an hour opening and end before half an hour closing of Library.
- Library Identity Card must for book issue.
- Book lending period is one Month.
- Fine will be charged at a rate of Rs 1/-per 1 Vol, after due date.
- In case of lost book/library card it should be reported immediately in writing to the librarian.
- Reference book will not be issued.
- The marking and defacing of any publication is strictly forbidden.
- Only paper is allowed inside the Library for taking notes/ Laptop with permission.
- Smoking, eatables and drinks are not allowed in the library premises.
- Switch off Mobile phones or to keep on silent mode in the library premises.
- Issued books, Money and other valuables may be kept in the counter inside.
- Internet facility will be available for all members of this Campus, free of cost through Infonet Lab and Wi Fi.
- Only one Wi Fi connection is provided for one user.
- All readers are required to maintain discipline in the library.
- Kindly co-operate with us for smooth functioning.
- To establish and maintain an effective relationship with the students, faculty, researchers and staff of the University to ensure an informed and integrated approach to the creation and delivery of information services.
- To select, collect, create, organize, preserve, manage and provide access to information sources in print, non-print and digital forms, regardless of physical location, to support scholarly pursuit, learning, teaching and research in the University.
- To facilitate and promote access to the fast growing and expanding collection of digital sources of primary and secondary information.
- To develop and provide quality collections/resources, user facilities and library staff, to maintain an environment conducive to study and research.
- To create and deliver a range of networked information and document delivery services that encourage the study, scholarship and collaborative learning
- To manage the information resources effectively and actively promote the optimum usage.
- To serve as Knowledge Centre for knowledge management development in the area of interest of the Academic Community.
- To collaborate with other libraries, networks and consortia to optimize the access to knowledge base.
- To continually/periodically evaluate services and resource provision to ensure relevance and cost effectiveness.
- To serve as a Resource Centre for Academic Community of the University.
All registered students, faculty members and staff of the Campus are entitled to register as members of the Library and to use the facilities & services offered for the purpose of their academic, research and administrative work. Use of Resource Centre facilities and services imply acceptance of Library's rules and procedures. There is no membership fee but a cost of Rs 25/- is collected for Identity Card.The membership of Campus Library are categorised as 1. PG Students,2. MPhil Students, 3. Research Scholar, 4. Course Work, 5. Post Doctoral Fellow, 6. Project Fellow, 7. Teaching Staff, 8. Non Teaching Staff. Approximately 700 members in the Campus Library. Book lending service provided only to the members of Campus Library, whereas non-members provides reference service only.
Average 100 members visited Campus Library for lending, reference and Infonet Lab use daily. Besides approximately 300 members (Including I T and Legal Studies Department ) using Internet facility through Wi Fi network all over the Campus beyond working hours free of cost
The Library works from 8 am to 8 pm on all working days.
The Campus Library has a rich collection of books , Journals, Thesis and Dessertations and CDs. Through UGC Infonet Consortia Thousands of e- Resources are also available.
- Books - 35676 nos (upto 2015)
- Journals – 59 nos
- Bound Volume